International Academy of Design and Technology
Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Animation
The Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program in Animation is designed to provide students with the advanced conceptual and technical skills needed to enter the field of animation.
Utilizing industry standard hardware and software, the animation student will be exposed to a comprehensive course of study in the processes of 2D animation, 3D animation, character development, game art, and special effects animation. Strong foundations in the principles of storyboarding, drawing, modeling, and animation are coupled with training in digital video and professional post-production techniques. Students in our Animation degree program are exposed to a comprehensive course of study that can provide them with opportunities to:
- Analyze and develop solutions to design problems;
- Collaborate as a productive team member, assuming a variety of roles throughout the program of study;
- Create and manipulate 2D and 3D assets;
- Plan and manage a project from concept through implementation with an understanding of the multiple roles within the production pipeline;
- Apply key concepts learned through the exploration of the economic and creative history of the industry;
- Develop and apply professional standards for communication using industry terminology appropriate for multiple audiences; and
- Develop and present a portfolio of work that demonstrates readiness to contribute to an employer and to the industry.
This career-focused Animation degree program explores professional principles and practices in the animation and game industry. Students in our Animation training program will be instructed in the principles of drawing, character development in both 2D and 3D. Students will have an opportunity to develop characters, animations, amazing worlds and special effects like those used in feature films, television and games.